Views: 768 Posts: 0 Started By: meshack Last Poster: meshack Last Post Date: Feb 10, 2018
February 10, 2018 ( Post 1 )

A woman identified as Adenike Bolarinwa pleaded with an Agege Customary Court, Lagos, to separate her from her husband of eight years.

According to the woman, the husband beats her all the time and also engages her with too much sex.

Adenike, who is an indigene of Abeokuta, Ogun, told the court on Friday that she no longer feels love for the husband, Abiola Bolarinwa.

The woman, who described her husband as irresponsible, said he often demanded sex amid harassment and blackmail. And that he does not show care to her and her children anymore.

She says:

“My husband constantly beats me and no longer cares for me and our children. He calls me unprintable names in the presence of the children and he often makes uncomplimentary utterances about me while forcefully having sex with me; he calls me a harlot,”

The petitioner accused her husband of threatening her life, adding that he had turned her into a punching bag.

“I had to run away from the house when it became unbearable.

“There was a time my husband beat me severely and l was in coma for three days and admitted in the hospital for weeks. “He is irresponsible, I want the court to separate us as I am no longer interested in the union.’’

According to reports, the woman was fighting back tears in her passionate plea to the court to dissolve the marriage. The respondent, Abiola, a surveyor, however, denied the allegations, describing his wife as wayward and arrogant.

“My wife is stubborn, rude and has no respect for me as her husband.’’

The 38-year-old husband, however, told the court that he is still in love with his wife and prayed that the court should not dissolve his marriage.

“I still love her; I do not want the marriage dissolved. l promise to resolve whatever disagreement and conflicts we are facing.”

The case was however adjourned to March 1st and the court’s President, Mrs Ibironke Elabor, advised the couple to keep the peace pending when the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) will take over the case.

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:


You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys