Views: 16 Posts: 0 Started By: harryzona Last Poster: harryzona Last Post Date: Apr 16, 2018
April 16, 2018 ( Post 1 )

Filmmaker Aremu Afolayan revealed that he was born in a wooden makeshift house popularly known as face-me-I-face-you and had to join his mother daily to sell pepper soup after school.

Aremu said, “I was born poor but I don’t know if my other brothers would say otherwise but I know that I was born poor in a makeshift wooden face-me-I-face-you house in a very poor area.

Rich people never affiliated themselves with us or allowed their children to play with us. .

. In fact, we did not see them because there were no rich people in the area I grew up, everyone was poor. There was no life for me basically while I was growing up. I got to know where the airport is in 2006. That was the year I would say I started to enjoy life a bit. I did not know anything about how to enjoy life while I was growing up and there was no one to enlighten me. .

That is why I never took school seriously because I had to sell pepper soup for my mother. We would go to her shop by 3:30 pm when I returned from school. Then, we would get home at about 5 pm. This happened all through my formative years, it happened from 1991 till 2002.

. “My mother later had to retire from that business and I got all the freedom I had been hoping for in my life. No matter how high my hopes were, I could not just leave my mother alone to fend for herself because I am her last born. I eventually became a model in 2002. After the modeling, I went into the film industry. As a model, I got some jobs but I was always nervous in the midst of the new friends I made, no thanks to my background as a poor boy. I did not grow up going to clubs, smoking or drinking alcohol.

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys